Rashid has built a strong reputation as a senior legislative and regulatory advisor to the energy, defense and infrastructure industries. He also advises and conducts due diligence for clients that are making investments or acquisitions in highly regulated industries. In his more than 15 years of experience, he has:
- Advised U.S. Senator Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) on matters of national security, serving as the Senator’s designated staffer on the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- Managed government affairs and provided strategic counsel for highly regulated industries.
- Developed a strong network of former Department of Defense appointees and retired general officers.
- Worked with private equity and venture capital firms, as well as investment banks, on acquisitions and mergers, including providing independent validation of market assessments and due diligence on regulatory matters.
- Played an active role in energy-related associations, including the National Mining Association and the American Coalition for Clean Coal Energy.
Rashid began his career as a legislative staffer for U.S. Sen. Evan Bayh, serving as his designee on the Senate Armed Services Committee. He left Capitol Hill to become vice president at American Patriot Holdings, LLC, and AmeriQual Group, LLC, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana. Rashid managed and executed government affairs strategies for the firms’ holdings in highly regulated industries, including energy and defense. Rashid remains a partner in American Patriot Holdings.
Rashid has been actively involved in energy related organizations, including the National Mining Association and the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity. He has served as Patriot Coal Corporation’s representative in both organizations from 2009-2015.
Rashid also serves on the advisory boards of Dunrath Capital, Sciath Group and Jaykal LED Solutions. Rashid divides his time between Washington, D.C., and Charlotte, where he lives with his wife Katie and their daughters Barrett and Parker.
Rashid is a graduate of Purdue University.